Monday 16 July 2012

Wedding Outfit

This past weekend my best friend (Lisa) and I had the great pleasure of attending our high school friend's wedding. I honestly just can't believe how fast time whizzes by...I was soo incredibly excited about it since it was right after my camping trip and now it's like a film re-playing in my head...she's married and her wedding is OVER. Anyways I thought I'd share
 with you all what me and Lisa wore. 

I wore a long dress, it's a flowy chiffon material, and I absolutely lovee it! I used all silver acessories (scarf, shoes & hijab (scarf) However, my ring had accents of blue in it. The most pahh-zazz came from my scarf, it was covered with silver sequins!

Lisa looked stunning, and I was soo glad I got to get ready with her. She went with a mid length dress that was purple, it came with a matching cover up as well. It had a empire waist belt that was made out of a shiny satin material. She paired it with silver accessories as well. Lisa is quite tall so she opted for an awesome pair of studded gladiators from Aldo..aren't they gorgeous?!  She topped it off with a purse with the same finish as the shoes; more matte
and grey toned.

I had a blast and am so happy we got to attend the beautiful wedding. I think both Lisa and me were a mess by the end of the night, it's hard to let a person you've known for so long go but I am so happy for the bride. I wish her all the best, and can't wait to see the journey she embarks
on throughout her married life 
As far as makeup, I stuck to my my normal face routine (MAC studio fix foundation + Pro long wear concealer)..for eyes I tried to create a really pretty silver/ black smokey look. I curled my lashes for an extra dramatic look and applied Lash Blast Fusion (Covergirl)..final touch was a bit of lip color.
Lisa went with a smokey purple eye; the look was created using the purple Wet N' Wild palette (Petal Pusher) This girl has amazing skin so no foundation for her (sooo lucky!), to add a bit of color and glow to her complexion she used a mosaic powder from Essence. 

Hope you all had a fab Monday,

12 comments:

  1. I love both of your outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, I love the lilac colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both looked beautiful! Time does fly doesn't it? University went by the fastest. The terms are so short and there is never enough time for anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Jayne, I am just still in awee..for me things feel like there taking forever, but the end when I look back I just can't believe where the time has gone. I will probably feel the same way about University, going into third year..and there's days where I wish it was over but I know that when it is I would be wishing the opposite.

      Delete
  4. I just love wedding outfits!
    How fun is it to dress up!?

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was especially fun because we got to see each other get ready from the beginning to end:) I lovee special occasions:)

      Delete
  5. Seriously gorgeous stuff here..I especially loveeeee your clutch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You both looked gorgeous! Everything about both the outfits I love.. and most importantly I'm glad you had a great time :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete