Friday 24 August 2012

Lip Products I'm Loving (Part 1) - Kissable Balm Stains

Over the past couple of weeks I have been obsessed with buying new lip products! Since seeing the kissable lip balms at my Shoppers Drug Mart ($11.49) I have been going back and forth between Wal-Mart and Super- Store in hopes of finding them for a cheaper price. Some of my readers informed me on my previous post that they found the Revlon Balm stains at their local super store for $7.49! Believe it or not I went back to Super-Store last week with my mom and they were still unavailable. My best friend actually got me my first kissable balm stain and I later went back to Wal-Mart and bought a second one.
These Kissable Balm Stains are exactly as they sound, there a moisturizing balm mixed with a lightweight stain. I'm constantly amazed by these every time I try them, and fall more and more in love. I picked two very neutral colors and although they aren't as bright as some of the others in the collection, they make my lips feel so soft and hydrated. They give a nice glossy shine to my lips and even after a little while when the shine fades the stain doesn't. It's as though the color develops over time, first you have a subtle color with shine however, after your left with a slightly darker stain. I love that these kissable balms never leave my lips feeling dry like some other products I've used. I have been dealing with minor cracked lips, however upon application of this balm it almost immediately nourishes and quenches my lips. 

You'll never have to worry about this product settling into fine lines like you would with a lip stick. I actually prefer the balm stains far more than a lip stick because it provides such a light pop of color while leaving  your lips feeling incredibly smooth. I also should add that these balms have a slight minty smell to them but it is definitely not overpowering or too strong. 

Description: A long lasting tinted lip balm that has a stain built into it 
(more pigmented and long lasting compared to a regular colored chap stick)

Packaging: Comes in a chubby crayon tube that makes applying super easy! Don't have to worry about putting on too much, you have control for a precise application. Unlike products like the NYX jumbo eye or lip pensils these kissable balm stains twist up so you can get the most out of the product.

Pigmentation: While I have two of the lighter shades I'd say that most colors have a great color pay off. Precious makes for a great nude, it has has pink undertones in it and I absolutely love it! I know some people find nudes hard to work with but I could see a lot of people liking this, it doesn't wash me out or give me ghost lips. Charm on the other hand really brings out my natural lip color and adds a bit of sheen which I like equally.
Price: Revlon Balm stains are tad expensive retailing anywhere from 7$ on sale to 11$ full prize. I don't like the price tag but hey I LOVE the product, I'll probably wait till I see these go on sale and grab one or two more colors.

Some of the kissable balms slightly resemble some of the lip butter shades to me! I LOVE Creme Brulee & Creamsicle (lip butters) and when I first saw these balms I knew I would have to get charm and precious just because they looked similar. Don't get me wrong the formula is completely different and they may not be exact matches but if you really loved a particular lip butter shade I'm sure you'd find one that is slightly similar to it in the Kissable balm collection since they have a nice array of colors (12 shades). 

Some of the similar ones that I've noticed..
- Creme Brulee & Precious
- Creamsicle & Charm

-Tutti Frutti & Rendezvous

Gumdrop & Darling (both seem to be cool toned pinks when you look at swatches)
Cupcake & Cherish ( I was also thinking Cotton Candy could do as well)
Have you tried these out yet?
 What are your thoughts on the highly talked about Kissable balms?

P.S) Part 2 to come soon! I will be talking about the Joe Fresh Shine Lipsticks & the Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss:D

Wohoo for my 100th post!:)









16 comments:

  1. Great review! I LOVE the balms. You are absolutely right--they make your lips feel very soft and hydrated.


    Southern Glamourista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girly! Glad you liked the review:) I just can't believe how lovely they are!! A balm that gives you color and keeps your lips looking luscious BEST THING EVER:P

      Delete
  2. Loovve the colours you got and what a great comparison you are totally right a lot of the colours match the lip butters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh glad you like the colors, have you bought any yet?? I love how their are similar shades to the lip butters, it made me so much more inclined to buy:)

      Delete
  3. Your comparison between the butters and the stains is a great addition to your post! Love it! Congratulations on your 100th post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for supporting my posts!!! It made getting to 100 super easy;)
      I always thought that there were many similarities so I'm glad I added it in, people seem to be liking it. Have a great weekend:D

      Delete
  4. I have Charm and it is definitely almost identical to Creamsicle, the only difference being Charm stains almost to a pinkish coral colour, whereas Creamsicle doesn't. I really like the look of Precious, I'm always trying to find a very wearable everyday nude lip colour that's not too washed out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it as well, your absolutley right! Charm does stain to a pinky coral:)
      I think you would like precious although it looks like a nude at first sight, it has pink/ mauve undertones to it!

      Delete
  5. These really are an amazing product! I have Charm (as well as a few of the darker shades) and it's my absolute favourite lipcolour at the moment. I really want to get Precious next...I kind of want to collect them all! lol

    xo Courtney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to collect them as well:P They all look so gorgeous it's hard to just pick one:)
      I think I want rendezvous next, it's not my usual color but it looks great!

      Delete
  6. oooh I love your comparison with the lip butters- I never noticed this before!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i get so excited when I see one of the reviews on these lip stains :) I found your blog on bloglovetherapy. I am following now :) hope you will check out my blog too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!:) I love them so sooo much:)

      Delete
  8. Wow I never even thought about comparing these to the Lip butters. Smart Girl!

    ReplyDelete