Sunday 16 September 2012

Latest Purchases from the Mall (LUSH & Korres)

So a couple weeks back before school started I took a trip to the mall with my sisters. The local mall in my area doesn't have a LUSH or Sephora so we decided to go to the closest mall that did. I knew I had to make my way to LUSH because many of you simply RAVE about their items. I've only ever tried two samples from them before this purchase (Herbalism & Ocean Salt). I knew I wanted some sort of moisturizing product whether it was a lotion/ cream and I also really wanted something for the shower. So prior to going in I tried to research as best I could. I certainly get overwhelmed when I pop my head into LUSH because I always get so distracted. This time I went in the store with a couple products in my mind, but I still ended up walking around the store dazed haha! There's just so many goodies that I personally forget what I actually went in there to get because I'm not a very regular shopper at LUSH.
Onto the first LUSH product...
Ever since I've been growing my nails, I've been into caring for my hands a lot more, so I thought this cuticle butter would be perfect for me!  LUSH describes Lemony Flutter as the perfect product to soften dry cracked cuticles and nourish nails. This butter is also great for soothing dry patches on elbows, heels and feet. The smell is very lemony hence the name but I also detect some zesty notes in it. Along side the lemon is a hint of citronella, I personally like the smell, It's soothing and nice to use before bed. The consistency is butter like, it is greasy and thick but it's great at really getting to the dry spots. I see this optimal to use around fall/ winter time as the cooler months start kicking in (will be amazing for winter).
Fond of...
Smell- fresh and lemony
Texture- thick and moisturizing
Not so fond of...
-Lemony Flutter is quite thick and therefore greasy, it is not a fast absorbing cream so may not like this for day time use.
Next up is.....
The sweetie pie shower jelly, a product that is a little weird but definitely had me captivated. This shower jelly is an all in one product, versatile and great for your hair, body! The reason why I find it a bit weird is because of the application, it's unlike any other thing I've tried. It's essentially a jello that you can freeze/ chill or use at normal temperature, you crush it or stroke it all over your body. I find it hard to "stroke" because not a lot of jello product/ foam get's on your hand in the first place. When I tried to get a piece of the shower jelly I made a big hole in the product, then when I tried to crush the jelly in my hand it was slipping every wear and I couldn't mush it up..some ended up on the shower floor before I even got to apply iy. So to anyone who has tried this before how exactly do you use it haha?! Sounds silly I know. I really do want to love this, it has an amazing scent so I'm excited to try it out again. 
Fond of...
- The smell (overall just a lovely mix of a sweet and fruity fragrance)
-The concept of the product ( I think it's super unique and really cool!)
-Texture- Very silky
-Price (Seriously I think this was only between $ 4-5 dollars)
Not so fond of...
- The application (I've only used it once but I'm not getting used to it)
......and Lastly
I also wanted to experiment with some LUSH cleansers so I got a Dark Angels sample, I've tried Herbalism which I thought was a good match for me but it really wasn't the best. I used this a couple times in a row and also had a few new active breakouts so I gave it a rest, I think this may be better as a once/ twice a week exfoliator as it has coarse sugar bits in it which is great for getting rid of old dead skin. The product has both exfoliating and cleansing properties in it which supposedly makes it a fighter against blemishes. I'm willing to give this another go tonight. It looks slightly dry and clumpy but you simply place a pea sized amount in your hand and add a few drops of water. Adding water creates a paste which you then use to rub all over your face.
Fond of.....
-The exfolaiting aspect of the product (really makes my skin smooth and clean)
Not fond of......
- it's power to fight against nasty pimples (I broke out a couple times, maybe my skin is just getting used to it?)

This is the only beauty item I got but it's one that I am absolutely IN LOVE with!  I heard about this lip butter and simply could not forget about it as I mentioned in my lippy lust post. I made it my mission to find it at a local store (Winners) but I didn't have such luck soooo I just bought it at Sephora! This lip butter is heaven... forget other lip products  you've tried that claim to be buttery and moisturizing. The Korres Lip butter is melt on your lip smooth, it goes on your finger so well and spreads so easily. My experience using this has been pleasant, the product lasts, gives my lips a nice nude sheer glow, and hydrates them at the same time. The product is not very wet, this is a plus for me because the more wet a gloss/ lip product is the more it slips and slides on my lips. This has been a must for me each morning as I get ready for school! I cannot wait to grab a few other shades in the lip butter range.

So have you tried any of these products? What are your thoughts?



29 comments:

  1. the jello body wash looks really good! great blog found you through blog hop!
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really cool! Thanks for subbing, I'm very appreciative:D

      Delete
  2. Hi found your blog through the blog hop! now following i hope you check out mine! I have yet to try lush products and i really want to purchase a korres lip balm heard so many good things about it!
    ~Jill
    http://lipstixtraces.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jill, thanks for stopping by my blog. This was technically my first Lush purchase, but it sure won't be my last :P

      Delete
  3. nice post Sabina.
    I found you through blog hop.
    i am following you now, hope you follow back .:)

    Indianbeautyforever.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niesha! Thanks for following, I appreciate it truly:)

      Delete
  4. HEY! I have just tagged you in a new autumn tag thats going around, I hope you love it too!
    I have linked your blog on mine as I love reading your posts and that why I tagged you for this!
    thanks so much!
    check out the tag here: http://lovefromlondres.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/hello-fallautumn-coffee-talk-tag.html

    Gabby
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gabby! Thanks a lot girl, I'm excited to give it a look, thanks A LOT for popping by
      xo

      Delete
  5. All of those products look really great, it makes me really want to go shopping at lush!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha every time I see someone else's LUSH haul it makes me want to shop there as well!

      Delete
  6. Hi! I am your newest follower and i love your review of these products. I've never heard of any of them and no im quite interested in finding them:) I would love a follow back at http://lefthandedideas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I'm sure you'd love all these products. Good luck on your hunt for them:)

      Delete
  7. great haul from LUSH. I love lemony flutter- it is great to use on your feet too.
    To use the shower jelly, take a pinch of it and put it into your shower puff. It will lather up loads and create lots of yummy smelling bubbles. This is by far the best way to use a shower jelly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! OMG What a great suggestion, I never even thought of that, thanks a bunch!!!!
      So excited to give it a try:)

      Delete
  8. like you, i get overwhelmed when i walk into LUSH - so many different colorful items and scents!
    my sister used Herbalism for a while and it didn't really help her clear up some acne so her friend who works at LUSH told her to try Fresh Farmacy which she likes MUCH better. so maybe Fresh Farmacy would work for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one! Thanks for the suggestion Helen, I would love to give Fresh Farmacy a try try. Does it come in bar format?

      Delete
    2. no problem. and Fresh Farmacy is indeed a cleansing bar. found the site: http://www.lush.ca/Fresh-Farmacy/00077,en_CA,pd.html
      if you wanted to read more about it :)

      Delete
    3. You are so sweet, thanks girly!;) Going to see the link now.

      Delete
  9. I keep hearing such wonderful things about Lemony Flutter that I might have to try it the next time I go shopping at Lush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it! It's great for those rough spots, and will be perfect for the cold Canadian weather.

      Delete
  10. hi,
    nice blog. let me know if you'd like to get associated with a new start up related to fashion and styling. you can check the details at: facebook.com/StyleStanza and contact me at: shiriishbohare@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. the shower jelly looks amazing! i have to try it. great blog girl :)

    www.sultanassanctuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The lush stuff always looks interesting to me.. but for some reason I never feel compelled enough to buy it! I have no idea why!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I only started getting into it because of other bloggers:P

      Delete
    2. I can see that happening...I walked in..but I quickly walked out lol.

      Delete
  13. That is my favourite lip butter! So glad you tried it and loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love it, I will definitely be re-purchasing!!!!!

      Delete