Sunday 30 September 2012

This Month's Empties!

Look what we have another month another empties post! This month I was able to finish quite a few makeup related items with the exception of one mini sized nail polish. I could definitely see myself re-purchasing many of the items because I had an overall pleasant experience with many of them. 
1. Revlon Lip Butter- Creme Brulee
Whether you've tried the Revlon Butters or not I'm sure you've heard the constant hype about them in the beauty community for a long time now. I have a couple of them and my favorites still remain to be Creamsicle, and Creme Brulee. Creme Brulee is a gorgeous light nude shade that goes on feeling extremely creamy. It has a slight shimmer to it like some of the other lip butters but it's nothing over the top. It hydrates my lips at the time but after fading it kind of dries my lips out. However, despite that I absolutely still adore them and am most definitely re-purchasing this particular shade.

2.Nina Ricci- L'elixir
I received this perfume vial in a former luxe box as a part of the my scent program. I don't always like getting perfume samples but I liked the fact that they offered more then one scent to the subscribers. This was one of the perfumes that I really enjoyed along with CK shock & Lola by Marc Jacobs. L'elixir is a fruity/sweet scent yet it remains to be a bit heavier and stronger. A lot of my body sprays/ perfumes are really springy and I like to switch around my scents according to the seasons and I find this perfect for winter/ fall. Along side this perfume I'm also a really big fan of Fantasy by Nina Ricci. I never like buying perfumes for myself so maybe I'll ask for this as a birthday gift.

3. MAC- Pro Long Wear Concealer
This was the second MAC concealer I've ever tried the first being the studio fix one. The reason I got this was because I saw  Liz (iheartmakeup92) using this as a foundation to cover her acne and I was simply amazed! This little guy is really good at covering imperfections such as pimples, uneven skin tone, and scars. It's a liquid concealer equipped with a pump, I really do like having the pump but on several occasions the product splattered out and I had too much so it was a bit of a waste! I would re-purchase this again but I needed to cut down my foundation/ concealer expensive so I've purchased a drugstore one instead:) The sad part is that there is some product sitting at the bottom but I have no clue how to open it without breaking the glass. I don't want to break it because I'm collecting my empty MAC containers for their recycling program(6 empty containers and I believe you get a lipstick!).

4.Orly Mini Polish
I'm not sure of the name on this particular polish because it's no where in sight. It was a light peachy color, the application was nice and it dried fast..towards the end it got extremely goopy and I wasn't able to get much out so it was time to get rid of it. 

5. Pur Minerals- Color Correcting Primer
This was the first primer I've tried/ used, I have nothing to compare it to I guess it did it's job however it wasn't extra special for me. I have a review on it here, for next tine I need to concentrate on a primer that eliminates shine but for now I've just been applying my foundation on top of my Pro Even cream (yess I gave in and bought) and topping it off with some translucent powder. The thing is instead of re- applying powder I'd rather have a primer/setting product that locks in and eliminates excess oils, I may be better off with buying the full size de-slick spray, what do you think? Primer no primer?

6. MAC Studio Fix Founation
It took me a couple of times to get my perfect shade and after I did this became a staple in my everyday face routine. It's a full coverage foundation on the thicker side however it didn't apply cakey; at least for me it didn't. It hid imperfections and created a flawless complexion. As I said I'm on a little MAC ban for now I would re-purchase this but I'm really curious about the Studio sculpt foundation which is also medium to full coveraage and the matchmaster medium but still buildable. Any opinions on these?

7. L.A Colors- Desert Dune Palette
A cheap and amazing eyeshadow palette that I thoroughly enjoyed using. By cheap I mean it was less then Wet N' Wild (2$) but still had had amazing pigmentation. It was a very bronzey palette, there were 3 various shades of shimmery browns and a slightly darker orange that complemented the shades and looked amazing on the eyes. If I come across this again I'm picking it up for sure.

8. Urban Decay- De-Slick
I bought this while it was hot and humid and it did a great job at eliminating excess oils. There were times though that I got a bit dewy but for the most part it worked well. I wanted to save therefore I used it on and off very sparingly. I'd be interested in getting the full size, I'm sure it would last me a while. I have a review on it here if you'd like to read.

It's Sunday afternoon and I didn't get much school work done, bad me! Enjoy what's left of the weekend..Toodles!

16 comments:

  1. Wow good for you! I love the Nina perfume :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want the Nina sooo badly! Smells so lovely:)

      Delete
  2. Yeah for lip butters!! Great job finishing all these! I admire anyone who does this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lip butters all the way hehe! You made me smile, thanks for the comment:)

      Delete
  3. Wow I have never been close to finishing an eyeshadow palette even if I use it everyday! This is a great empties! The Mac studio fix apply's really cakey on me too!

    Sstephoosh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had the shadow for yearsssss so it was nice to finally finish it. I sometimes get annoyed seeing the same products in my collection for a long time lol:P

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks my dear!:) I want the full size so badly, it's a beautiful smelling perfume.

      Delete
  5. Great post! I really want to try that MAC concealer! I'm using a different one from MAC right now and love it!
    Beauty by T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girly:) It's a great concealer, and it works well! Which one by MAC are you using?

      Delete
  6. Love Revlon lip butters!!! I need to get that shade!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You used up an eye shadow palette AND nail polish?? I will never live to see the day when that happens!! Good for you girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Jayne!!! The shadow had literally been sitting for yearssss, I think it was like the first eyeshadow trio I owned.

      Delete
  8. Whhhhat!?! Who the heck uses up a shadow palette!!! You're my hero! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you are too funny Aleksandra:P
      Thanks girl<3

      Delete