Wednesday 3 October 2012

New Nail Polishes

On the way home from school today I stopped off at Wal-Mart with hopes of getting a new nail polish. I was kind of bored of all the colors I had existing in my collection so I wanted to check out some colors. I went straight to the Revlon stack because I love the price, formulation, and colors they offer. I also went by the Wet N' Wild section and picked up a color I'd been oggling for a long time now. 
I've always liked minty green colors and this was the shade that immediately stood out to me. Revlon's minted is the exact color of mint chocolate chip ice cream. It's extremely easy to work with, one coat gives you an opaque nail. I also like that this polish has a built in shine to it, you could skip the top coat if you wanted but I personally love adding it for a more glossier finish. 
Sugar coat is a light pink nude, it takes a couple coats to build up the color but I really love it! The applicator is wide so literally one stroke covers your nails edge to edge.

Have you purchased any nail polishes lately?

14 comments:

  1. These colors are so pretty! Awesome picks!! My most recent polish purchase is Revlon Spanish Moss :D

    Please come join our blog hop this friday~! :D

    http://dulcet-sparkle.blogspot.ca/p/beauty-bloggers-club-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashlee! I love the combo of both colors together:)

      Delete
  2. Both of these colours look amazing.. you will have to paint your nails and post about them!

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just painted them with the Mint color so I'll be posting a pick tomorrow hopefully;)

      Delete
  3. such lovely colours!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win a dixi arrow bracelet. it's worldwide :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this one from revlon. I'v got very similar one. I have purchased a burgundy nail polish to go with autumn clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful color! So happy I purchased, Ooohh burgundy sounds so nice for the Fall:)

      Delete
  5. both of these are great picks!! I am always impressed with wet n wilds polish quality for how affordable it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, not sure if I picked up a dud of Minted, but my bottle is sooooo streaky and tricky to work with. I love the colour but I find it nearly impossible to get a nice coat so I've given up on it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just about to post a swatch post and I was going to mention something similiar to what you said. It was fine at first but now the polish is kind of gloopy..two coats and I'm good but I'm left with bubbles??!

      Delete
  7. Ahh love both of those! Such classic pretty colours...I don't own sine revlon nail polish...I should probably try them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try out some Revlon polishes!

      Delete