Alas my spring luxebox has finally arrived, I was super excited about this box because the company (Loose Button) partnered with CBC's Steven and Chris. I thought the collaboration was a great idea, but after seeing my box I am kinda on the fence about how I feel overall. I knew what I was getting in my box prior to actually receiving it. I had accidently clicked on the "my product" option and all my items were updated from last month's stuff. Nonetheless, here is a quick breakdown of the stuff I got.
1) Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Serum Foundation- I've heard great things about this foundation, apparently it has fruit properties in it (pomegranate being one of them) that help create a radiant, and flawless complexion. I was under the impression that I was getting some kind miniature glass bottle but I ended up with sample packets. I haven't tried this foundation yet, so I can't express my likes or dislikes. Have you guys tried out this foundation? What do you think? Worth the buy?
2) Lancome Genefique serum- This sample came in the cutest little bottle ever! Lancome's Genefique is a serum designed to defy wrinkles, it is a youth activating complex that boosts activity in youth proteins. I tried this serum last night, and it dries nicely without feeling sticky. I also applied this morning under my moisturizer. For $82 I don't think I am willing to purchase as of yet however, I do appreciate the sample.
3)Beauty Blender dupe- I have been eyeing the beauty blender for AGES but just could not bring myself to pay the money for it. I was over the moon when I found out I was getting something similiar in my box! I used this morning and was very impressed, it blends seamlessly and I'm quite excited to use it again to apply my foundation.
4) Marni perfume- I like that this sample came in the bottle however I am not too fond of the smell. I probably will pass it off to my sister, or my mom.
5) L'occitane Hand cream - Again I've heard amazing things about this hand cream! The texture is just perfect, it is thick without being too heavy and it is great at moisturizing The sample is truly travel friendly.
6) Blue lagoon Silca Mud Mask- Surprisingly this product came out white despite being a mud mask. It's thick with some grit to it which I really like. It gave me a deep clean and left my skin feeling super soft.
7) Blue Lagoon Night Cream- This was another product I wasn't too pleased with. On my product card (online) it looked like this night cream was housed in a glass pot. Sadly I received one foil packet!
While I did enjoy some products in my box mainly the hand cream &the beauty blender I was disappointed by two of my samples. It's frustrating knowing that these samples can be obtained for free at a local makeup counter. I think that Loose button should use samples such as these as little "extra try me out" gifts. For 26$ you want to see the quality of samples reflected in the price you've paid. It wasn't an awful box but I can't say that I was overly pleased.
Thoughts? Anybody else receive a Spring Luxe box?
Did you like it, love it, or hate it?