Monday 27 May 2013

Rimmel Scandal Eyes Water Proof Kohl Kajal (Light Blue & Nude)

I'm not much of an eyeliner person but something about the Rimmel Scandal Eyes pencils caught my attention. Seeing the commercial  definitely had an impact on my decision to buy these liners. Nonetheless, I ended up picking up two from my local Shoppers Drug Mart when they were on sale for like $4. When I first tried these kohl liners I wasn't too ecstatic about them, I thought the color would show up more. Don't get me wrong they are pigmented, but in my waterline they seem to look more whitish. I've seen many Youtube guru's apply products like NYX's jumbo eye pencil in milk to their waterline to brighten and open the eyes and quite frankly it looks good. However I'm not a big fan, I feel as though I look really weird! I must say though the more and more I've tested these out I have come to like them. I don't put too much on but I do run it along my waterline 1-2 times lightly. The product itself is wonderful, it applies smooth and color payoff is great. No need to use excessive force to get a decent amount of liner on. They're creamy when applied to the hand and last fair amount of time. After the liner sat on my hand for a couple minutes it was hard for it to budge even though I tried wiping it. 

Overall I think I would definitely buy this product again in a different color. The Rimmel Scandal Eyes eyeliners are the perfect makeup item for summer. Simply add a bit of "oomph'  to your look by adding a pop of color to your waterline. Add a purple, dark blue, green..anything will work and it will automatically bring color to your eyes and make them stand out. I especially love the idea that you can keep your eye makeup to a minimal but still look summery and fun during the hot months!


Have you guys tried these eyeliners out? or have you tried the Rimmel jumbo eye pencils? I haven't but I would like to!


16 comments:

  1. I have the nude one! it's great because it's much more subdued than the stark white of the NYX jumbo eyeshadow pencil in milk. Haven't tried the baby blue but it looks like a fun pop of colour. May be a nice colour for the inner corner as well (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right honestly it's more subtle than the white!:)

      Delete
  2. I will have to look for the Nude one next time I am out shopping. I like the look of white on my waterline, but like Steph said sometimes it is too BAM in your face white. Great review!
    :) Chelsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya I agree and for that reason the nude is a great alternative:D

      Delete
  3. Ive been searching for an affordable nude eye pencil for a while! thanks for sharing!

    Check out my summer beauty essentials giveaway:

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/2013/05/summer-beauty-essentials-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the bronze and nude one. The nude one I was going to use for the lower waterline but it made my eyes look weirdly proportioned and bottom-heavy (if that makes sense! :p). I do like the bronze though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make perfect sense haha, I felt weird about wearing it to lol:)

      Delete
  5. Oooh, I like the look of the nude one! White looks weird on me too...the nude would be a much better option! Thank you! I will HAVE to pick this up now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see it as a way better alternative to the white! Let me know what you think if you purchase:D

      Delete
  6. I got the nude one and loving it. Just wish the staying power of this is a bit longer on me. Maybe I have really watery eyes and I have to re=apply after 4 hours. I want to try the jumbo eye pencils too as they look quite creamy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It fades on me as well, but I still have traces of it on. I agree the jumbo pencils look so vibrant and smooth:)

      Delete
  7. So far, I've been disappointed by Rimmel, but thanks for sharing these liner swatches!
    And don't forget to enter my Summer Giveaway! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!:( I hope you find something that you like. I've only tried the liners and the matte powder.

      Delete
  8. I love the nude one! I have it and have been using it in my water line and just adore it! Much better they my nyx jumbo pencil in milk i find milk too me too white if that makes sense ... the nude is perfect!

    Ashley
    romanianbutterfly206.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like the nude one is a common favourite among a lot of beauty bloggers!

      Delete