Tuesday 24 July 2012

My Summer Beauty Picks!

I am normally a bit self- conscious about my face, however this summer has been so hot that I have no desire to wear a lot of makeup. Usually I opt for a full coverage foundation to conceal imperfections such as blemishes, and scars but recently I have been sticking to the bare minimum and I'm quite okay with it. A little while ago I would probably been too embarrassed to wear such little face makeup but it is very refreshing to feel so lightweight. For eyes I've really been obsessed with golden/ bronzey colors, they look so natural yet so beautiful, and for lips I have been using my trusty lip butters. 


Eyes
1) Like I said, I have been mostly sticking with neutral colors such as light browns and goldens. I have found that my LA colors palette (in tea time) is perfect. It ranges from a soft shimmery beige to a darker brown. I have been applying the first color (on the left) as an all over shadow, and intensifying ever so slightly by adding the third and 5th color in my crease.  

2) If I am not using the Tea time palette, I have been dipping into the Loreal Color Infalliable single eyeshadow in Iced Latte. I really love this shadow, it applies very nice and smoothly and has got a frost finish to it. I use this all over my lids and just add a darker bronze in my crease. 

3) Lastly to top off my look I have been using Covergirl's Lash Blast Fusion. I just did an in depth review of it, so click here to read.

Face
4) Lately I have been ditching my foundation, and using my Pro long wear concealer. I've been dotting it on some of my problem areas. A little goes a long way, I'm able to dot the concealer on and then spread quite a lot which is great. If I do choose to wear foundation, I apply one thin coat, just to even out my skin tone.

5) High Beam gives my face such a nice twinkle, I apply this product on the high points of my cheek bones and sometimes underneath my brow bone. It's gives me a nice glow without being oily or dewy. It makes my blush pop out so much more. 

6) This has been my go to blush for the last little while, it is secret- it-girl by Essence. It's an orange toned blush with a hint of shimmer in it. It is extremely pigmented and silky to the touch, I have been applying a little to the apples of my cheeks and it gives my face such a radiant pop of color. 

Lips
7) My lip butters have been the only lip products I have been using for a long time now, I absolutely adore them. if I'm looking for a nude lip I stick with Creme Brulee..mine is just about done, so I have to stock up on another one

8) If I'm looking for just a slight bit of color I will dab on Berry smoothie, I wear this paired with Creme Brulee and I love the look. I first apply Creme Brulee all over and then go back with Berry smoothie and apply to mostly the middle part of my lips. 

What are some products beauty products you can't live without in the summer?

28 comments:

  1. Great post , I may write a post with the same concept? is this okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girly! Yess I am more than okay with it, go right ahead:D

      Delete
  2. I have not heard of LA Color...that palette looks like something I would wear. I love neutral colors too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found LA colors (in Canada) at Urban Planet and sometimes Buck or two believe it or not! The palette is great, if your into neutrals I think you would really like this:)

      Delete
  3. I love those Revlon Lip Butters, They are amazing. Great Beauty Picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The butters are now a staple in my beauty routine, I have been using for months now and I still love them. Thanks for stopping by ;)

      Delete
  4. Great beauty picks! And really great tip about pairing the 2 Revlon Lip Butters together..I am going to have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you liked the suggestion, it's a great way to keep a neutral lip without being to washed out:D

      Delete
  5. Great products! I really want to try those L'Oreal Shadows :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, I really want to get a couple more! I was at Shoppers the other day and they launched a couple new bright colors, they look lovely as well:)

      Delete
  6. Great post and love your blog. I found you on BlogLoveTherapy blog hop! Can;t wait to see more posts! :)

    Adele xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Adele!! I'm really happy you like the blog, it means a lot<3

      Delete
  7. good faves! I love creme brule, it has been my go-to colour lately too! So you like the essence products? I would love to see some reviews on the products because I haven't tried them yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! I have only tried one blush, and similarly one lip stick as well as an eyeshadow. The product I've been most frequently using is the blush and I find it works well. It last for a long time on my skin, the color pay off is great and it's cheap:)

      Delete
  8. I also love CoverGirl Lash Blast in the summer, except I like the one in the orange tube in the Waterproof version...for some reason the purple one only comes in water resistant and doesnt hold a curl for me!

    I have also been loving cream blush and the new Revlon Kissable Balm stains!

    x Courtney from Strawberree Swing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up the covergirl (water resistant) by accident I thought..I never knew it was only available in that. Although I do like the mascara, I find it doesn't hold up a curl for me either!!

      I think the kissable balms launch here in Canada in August, I am super excited and cant wait to try, I have been itching to get the cream blushes as well. I have been really impressed with Revlon lately, there coming out with amazzzinggg products

      Thank you sooo much, for popping by and subscribing:D
      xo

      Delete
  9. Great summer picks! Love Creme Brulee Lip Butter as well...such a great nude! Actually LOVE all the Lip Butters...they are completely addictive! Great blog Luv! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chelsea:D I have not strayed from my lip butters, I swear it's what I wear each and every single day and I never get sick of them. My Creme Brulee is almost done, so I need a back up soon, I also want two more of the butters (Tutti Frutti, and possible Sugar plum) Apart from Creme Brulee do you have another fave?? Thank you soo much for checking out my blog and subbing, I truly appreciate it!!!!<3

      Delete
  10. That's such an awesome idea to mix pair the lip butters together!! I'm going to have to try it!! The essence blush looks like such a pretty color!

    http://dulcet-sparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely to mix two of your favorite colors, I love doing it, the essence blush is great. The color is the darkest out of the other two available, and it really shows up nicely on my skin:)

      Delete
  11. I've been pretty lazy with my makeup routine too now that it's summer because I just want something light on my face. I've just been using BB Cream and bronze/gold colours as well. I think summer is just about looking healthy and glowing. I've been enjoying Benefit's Sunbeam as well just for that extra glow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing you picks:) I had Sun Beam but I felt that it didn't even show up on my skin, I was super sad because I got it to give me that nice summer glow..I switched it for High Beam instead and that works great:)

      Delete
  12. I really enjoyed reading this post! I'm a new follower from the BLT hop! x
    Island Girl Insights ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww thanks lovely!:) I am very grateful you stopped by<3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post I have tried most of those products and love them too! Especially that mascara!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab favorites!
    xo,
    http://missmelissafashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete